Ignoring pdftex primitives

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Dec 14 09:13:25 CET 1998

Chris Rowley wrote:

> The other suggested syntax may make this a useful feature:
>
>   \pdfimage <file name> <size-info>

Makes sense. (Although,  <spec> {filename} can rather easy be separated
and thereby reversed at the macro level.)

> One could even imagine these values behaving in other ways like those
> of rules.

Right. No problem. What is the depth of a graphic anyway.

> However, I would favour investigation of getting a better
> syntax/scanning for all file-name-like strings in eTeX.

Aren't file things at the etex agenda? I remember discussion about
binary files too. It makes sense to sort it out all in once.

> However, The Mysterious Oligarchy (or more likely He, their Great
> Silent Democratic Leader) may not approve of even thinking such
> thoughts.

Probably too busy contemplating -) hopefully resulting in Big Thoughts.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma at wxs.nl