Ignoring pdftex primitives

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Dec 12 09:21:47 CET 1998

Well, plus 5 merit points for not assuming that Prof. Bloggs is a male,
but minus 5 for the implication that a female academic might be silly!
In any case, Prof. Bloggs is currently engaged in a field trip to
Mars and isn't responding to messages from students.

It should be an objective of pdftex to ensure that there is a
straightforward mechanism by which "reasonable" pdftex documents
can be processed using tex and produce a .dvi file that approximates
the .pdf within "reasonable" limits.  This goal is more important
given the current somewhat fragile state of pdftex and related tools
than it might be in the long term.

--
George White <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca> Halifax, Nova Scotia