Problem with printing

Han The Thanh thanh at informatics.muni.cz
Wed Dec 2 08:39:27 CET 1998

Hi,

there is a problem with printing document containing included PDF pictures. This
problem has been known, and in fact this is a bug of gv and Acrobat Reader
(Acrobat Reader can display, but cannot print). Here is a part from discussion
with the author of xpdf:

> | In PDF 1.0 and 1.1, all named resources used in the form must be
> | included in the  Resources dictionary of each Page object on which the
> | form appears, regardless of  whether or not they also appear in the
> | Resources dictionary of the form.
>
> It goes on to say that in PDF 1.2, form resources can be independent of
> the page.
>
> > However, having done some testing, it seems that when Form resources
> > are not included in Page resources, AcroReader displays it well
> > but printing fails. GS fails to display PDF as well as PS produced by
> > printing from AcroReader.
>
> Hm, sounds like Adobe can't even keep up with their own standards :-)

I am trying to work around this problem.

Thanh