page size / position

Jiri Osoba osoba at jablotron.cz
Tue Dec 1 15:12:10 CET 1998

On  1 Dec 98 at 13:26, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Wolfram Liebchen wrote:
>
> > For the page size, I can use \pdfpagewidth and \pdfpageheight.
> > What's the respective instruction for the origin? I didn't
> > find it in the pdftex manual.
>
> \hoffset and \voffset

That's not true - point \hoffset=0,\voffset=0 is horigin and vorigin
far from upper-left corner of the page. The problem is that this
point should be (as you can read in The TeXbook) 1in down and 1in
right from upper-left corner of the paper. This is true if you
specify horigin=1in and vorigin=1in AND MAG=1000. If you specify any
mag different from 1000, you will get different "1in" margins. And
that is the problem, I thing. Horigin and vorigin sould be
read WITHOUT applying mag.

Jiri.