printing problems

Wolfram Liebchen liebchen at ffo.fgan.de
Tue Dec 1 11:45:03 CET 1998

Hello,

what is the problem, that pdflatex generated documents are
not printable via PostScript and GhostScript?
(I use pdftex 0.12o-6 and 0.12r on Linux).

All pdf-documents with inserted graphics (produced with
ghostscript from eps-files) can be looked at with Acrobat Reader,
but the printing to a PostScript printer fails at the pages
with the graphics.

The same happens, when I look at the pdf-document with gv/gs.

The only way to print - to my knowledge - is to use the Win32
Acrobat Reader an print to a non-PostScript printer.
(Then AcroRead renders the graphics, not PostScript).

Is there a known workaround, or how can I avoid the failure?

Thanks!

-- Wolfram

P.S.: Seen away from this printing problem, pdf(La)tex is great!!!

Wolfram Liebchen              liebchen at ffo.fgan.de
Forschungsinstitut für Optik
Schloß Kreßbach
72072 Tübingen