[OzTeX] Printing from OzTeX 5.2

Rowland McDonnell rowland.mcdonnell at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 6 13:00:37 CEST 2009

>Dear Rowland,
>
>On OzTex6.0, which I use,

Really?  Coo.  I take it that version's still under development and
you've got a pre-release or something?
<http://www.treverrow.com/oztex/index/html> offers version OzTex 5.2 as
the latest version.

> there is also a problem with printing directly
>from OzTex. This is the only problem I have though with this version. I
>simply solve it by converting the dvi file to postscript (using the
UNIX
>command dvips) and then converting the postscript to pdf (using the
>command ps2pdf), which prints nicely.
>
>Here are the UNIX commands:
>
>   dvips -t a4 filename.dvi -o filename.ps
>   ps2pdf filename.ps filename.pdf

[snip]

Hmm - well, that's an option.  A question: does the above process retain
the original Metafont-generated bitmap founts?  I ask because that's one
of the reasons I want to use OzTeX, so that I can use Metafont versions
of the CM family - they look better when printed than any of the PS
versions I've seen.

It's not a pressing need, it's just that it'd be nice to be able to do
so.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Rowland.