[OzTeX] Printing from OzTeX 5.2

Rowland McDonnell rowland.mcdonnell at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 4 13:16:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

Is there anybody out there?

I have just installed OzTeX 5.2 on a MacOS X 10.4.11 2G4.

I tried to print ozuser.dvi - got the print dialogue box up, pressed the
`print' button, and waited.

The printer is an HP LJ1320n (PostScript) connected via Ethernet.

The printer didn't print anything.  It showed status lights
corresponding to `Manual feed or continuable error' (sez the manual).

It stayed like that for some hours, until I reset the printer by power
off/delay/power on - whereupon printing worked normally from another
application.

I tried printing from OzTeX again, this time trying pressing the
pritner's control panel buttons in accordance with the printer's manual
I couldn't get any printing done that way.

So I looked at the printer's internal Web server for controlling it,
which said:

But manual paper feed is not being used.

I did press `Enter' (which was a button available on the Web page).

I got printed the two pages of ozuser I'd sent.

I tried the process again.  I couldn't get the printer's internal Web
server to respond.  I couldn't print from a `normal printing'
application either - until I'd turned the printer off and turned it back
on again.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I might do to get this problem
solved?  Obviously, OzTeX's doing something that my printer doesn't
like.  How do I find out what and fix it?

Rowland.