[OzTeX] postscript font mappinng

David Goldenberg goldenberg at biology.utah.edu
Mon Nov 14 03:49:02 CET 2005

Hi,
   I have recently purchased the HV Math fonts from micropress.  These
are a set of postscript fonts that provide helvetica-like sanserif fonts
in math environments.  Now, I would like to be able to preview documents
with these fonts with OzTex.  I think understand that I need to set up
mapping relationships between the fonts as they are called in the LaTeX
document and the postscript fonts to be used for display, as in the Add
Outline Fonts configuration file provided in the OzTeX distribution.

What isn't so obvious to me is how exactly to create such a mapping file.

The tfm files provided with the HV Maths fonts are:

hvam10.tfm*     hvbo10ot.tfm    hvrb108r.tfm    hvrm10mv.tfm
hvro10t1.tfm
hvbc10mv.tfm    hvbo10t1.tfm    hvrb10ex.tfm    hvrm10ot.tfm
hvro10ts.tfm
hvbc10ot.tfm    hvbo10ts.tfm    hvrb10mv.tfm    hvrm10t1.tfm
hvsc10mv.tfm
hvbc10t1.tfm    hvbsy10.tfm     hvrb10ot.tfm    hvrm10ts.tfm
hvsc10ot.tfm
hvbm10.tfm      hvex10.tfm      hvrb10t1.tfm    hvro108r.tfm
hvsc10t1.tfm
hvbo108r.tfm    hvexb10.tfm     hvrb10ts.tfm    hvro10ex.tfm    hvsy10.tfm
hvbo10ex.tfm    hvmi10.tfm      hvrm108r.tfm    hvro10mv.tfm
hvbo10mv.tfm    hvmib10.tfm     hvrm10ex.tfm    hvro10ot.tfm

The type 1 postscript fonts are:

hvam10.pfb      hvex10.pfb      hvrb10ex.pfb    mphv.pfb
hvbm10.pfb      hvexb10.pfb     hvrm10ex.pfb    mphvb.pfb
hvbo10ex.pfb    hvmi10.pfb      hvro10ex.pfb    mphvbo.pfb
hvbsy10.pfb     hvmib10.pfb     hvsy10.pfb      mphvo.pfb

The font distribution also comes with mapping files for dvips, which
have lines like:

hvsy10 HVMathSy <hvsy10.pfb
hvbsy10 HVMathSy-Bold <hvbsy10.pfb
hvex10 HVMathEx <hvex10.pfb
hvexb10 HVMathEx-Bold <hvexb10.pfb
hvmi10 HVMath-Italic <hvmi10.pfb
hvmib10 HVMath-BoldItalic <hvmib10.pfb
hvam10 HVMathSyA <hvam10.pfb
hvbm10 HVMathSyB <hvbm10.pfb

hvrm10ex HVTextEx <hvrm10ex.pfb
hvro10ex HVTextEx-Oblique <hvro10ex.pfb
hvrb10ex HVTextEx-Bold <hvrb10ex.pfb
hvbo10ex HVTextEx-BoldOblique <hvbo10ex.pfb

hvrm108r Helvetica " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc <<hvr_____.pfb
hvro108r Helvetica-Oblique " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<<hvro____.
pfb
hvrb108r Helvetica-Bold " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
<<hvb_____.pf
hvbo108r Helvetica-BoldOblique " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc  <<hvbo
____.pfb

I can see how the information in this file might be formatted into
something like what is in "Add Outline Fonts", but these files don't
contain information for the entier set of tfm files in the package.

Thanks,
David Goldenberg