[OzTeX] Using fink installed TeX packages

Andrew Trevorrow andrew at trevorrow.com
Thu Dec 1 01:36:31 CET 2005

> It would be helpful if the Unix path in the Default config file for OzTeX was extended to:
>
> unix_path           = /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current:/sw/bin
>
> I know the end user can add "/sw/bin" to that located in Default and then copy the result to their Local config file but given the popularity of the fink system this would save lots of people lots of time trying to figure out what they missed and where.

Good suggestion -- I've made the change for the next release.

> Also, I'm using the footbib package and find that I have to go to the terminal to use BibTeX because I have to bibtex filename.fb.aux.  Any chance of some type of extension to the OzTeX menu or is that a feature I missed.

Try this in your Local file:

extra_tools = $c "unix,bibtex %b.fb.aux,bibtex,tex,aux"

This will replace the existing bibtex item in the Tools menu.
If you want a new, separate item then do something like this:

extra_tools = $c "unix,bibtex %b.fb.aux,bibtex-footbib,tex,aux"

I thought teTeX's bibtex command required the file's basename
(which is why %b is used above rather than %f), but maybe later
versions have fixed that.  If the above doesn't work try

extra_tools = $c "unix,bibtex %b.fb,bibtex,tex,aux"

or maybe even this (which is equivalent to the 1st suggestion):

extra_tools = $c "unix,bibtex %f,bibtex,tex,fb.aux"

If you can run bibtex from the Terminal then you should be able
to persuade OzTeX to call the same command.  Let us know which
one works.

Andrew