[omega] ovp2ovf with VPL input

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at residenset.net
Tue Sep 15 18:34:12 CEST 2009

Lars Hellström skrev:
> [Originally reported to tex-live at tug.org; I was referred here for advice.]
> Downloaded MacTeX-2009 (September 12 version, I believe) today and
> installed it, to try out ovp2ovf.
> [ovp2ovf -version reports:
>   ovp2ovf 2.0 (Web2C 7.5.4)
>   kpathsea version 3.5.4
>   Kpathsea is copyright (C) 1997-2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>   There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
>   covered by the terms of both the ovp2ovf copyright and
>   the GNU General Public License.
>   For more information about these matters, see the files
>   named COPYING and the ovp2ovf source.
>   Primary author of ovp2ovf: J. Plaice, Y. Haralambous, D.E. Knuth.
>   Kpathsea written by Karl Berry and others.
> ]

Seems I copied that from the wrong terminal window: sorry. Correct
ovp2ovf -version information for the 2009 executable is:

ovp2ovf 2.0 (TeX Live 2009)
kpathsea version 5.0.0
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the ovp2ovf copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the ovp2ovf source.
Primary author of ovp2ovf: J. Plaice, Y. Haralambous, D.E. Knuth.

And yes, this is the one which chokes already on line 1. The other
reads the file to end and then complains unless it had (OFMLEVEL D 0).
I'd like one that can work with ofm_level==OFM_TFM (to make use of base
fonts with more than 256 chars).

Lars Hellström