[omega] Main memory size

Eftaxiopoulos Dimitrios eftaxiop at central.ntua.gr
Mon Mar 20 14:07:07 CET 2006

I used to get a similar message when I tried to write a presentation in greek,
using omega, via the latex presentation package powerdot. I overcame the
problem, by creating a new lambda format file lambda.oft, by running

iniomega lambda.tex

in the directory /usr/share/texmf/omega/lambda/base.

This creates the lambda.oft file which I moved to the directory where the
latex.fmt format file is i.e in the directory /var/lib/texmf/web2c. I thus
replaced the existing lambda.oft file in this directory.

Now I can write a small presentation, but I have not tried omega in large
files.

Στις Κυρ 19 Μαρ 2006 18:53, ο/η Richard Holzberger έγραψε:
> Hello
>
> I just subscribed to the list and have an urgent question. If I lambda the
> first time may master thesis I get 83 pages. After if I lambda my bibtexed
> file I get the following message:
>
> ! Omega capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=2000001].
> OCP stack 1.0 entry 0:
>
> OCP stack 1.0 entry 0:anitya-anupre\d{s}
>                                         \={a}
> Output written on magister2.dvi (78 pages, 424100 bytes).
> Transcript written on magister2.log.
>

> At the second lambda the following messagee is given:
>
> (magister21.bbl [81]
> ! Omega capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=2000001].
> l.376
>                {{0}{}{book}{1980}{}{}{}{}%
> Output written on magister2.dvi (82 pages, 423092 bytes).
> Transcript written on magister2.log.
>

> What could be the solution of the problem?
>
> If the main memory has to be increased what should be changed in the
> /etc/texmf/texmf.d/95NonPath.cnf file?
>

> Thanks
>
> Richard

Dr. Dimitrios Eftaxiopoulos
Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanics
School of Applied Mathematical and Physical Sciences
National Technical University of Athens
Zografou Campus
GR-15773 Athens
Greece