[omega] Question about the paper published in EuroTeX 2005

Benjamin BAYART bayartb at edgard.fdn.fr
Tue Mar 15 10:06:02 CET 2005

Le Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:55:23PM +0100, Yannis Haralambous:

> Do you find my idea more reasonable now?

Sure.

You droped the part about "ak-k" and a potentiel "ak" ligature, is that
something you agree? My proposition just fits in what you describe
anyway: a ligature between two glyphs.

> But I do retain your idea of "poorly defined fonts". Indeed there must
> be a way to obtain the same results as GSUB/GPOS for fonts which do not
> have these tables.

That is something I think is of interest, to be able to add information
to a font without modifying it, or rewriting it (that will avoid
licenses problem). This is something that have been done already with
VF/TFM to add kerning pairs in poor TTF fonts.

Regards,

	Benjamin.