[omega] Texteme, redefining a term used in linguistics?

Arthur Reutenauer Arthur.Reutenauer at ens.fr
Sat Mar 12 13:50:34 CET 2005

> texteme (textème, Textem, κειμένημα) is until now THE BEST idea:

  I came across this idea, too, and found out it was already used in
linguistics, as Yannis mentioned. It should be no problem to give this
word a new meaning, in my opinion, since our concerns are quite distinct
from those of the linguists (so both meanings wouldn't be likely to
interact), but if it should not be accepted, I also thought we could use
the suffix -on to form not only texton, which Antonio already mentioned,
but, maybe, graphon. While writing this mail, I suddenly thought of
unicodon, too, but that may be awkward, since it relates too much too the
code, and thus character identity of the sign, and not too much too its
glyph.

	Arthur