[metapost] Problem Installing MPost Development Version

dongen dongen at cs.ucc.ie
Mon Jan 5 11:55:13 CET 2015

Howsagoin,

A few days ago I downloaded the most recent development
version of metapost. When I tried to install it I got the
following error:

gcc: error: /home/dongen/LaTeX/MetPost/metapost-1.999/build/libs/gmp/gmp-build/.libs/libgmp.a: No such file or directory
make: *** [mpost] Error 1
strip: 'build/texk/web2c/mpost': No such file
ls: cannot access build/texk/web2c/mpost: No such file or directory

FWIW I do have libgmp installed but (obviously) it's not
in /home/dongen/LaTeX/MetPost/metapost-1.999/build/libs/gmp/.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen