[metapost] Processing metafont sources with metapost

Vafa Khalighi tex.ctan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 11:20:03 CEST 2014

Hi

I am designing a new font from scratch and I write metafont sources
and then compile them with metapost to generate the svg of each glyph.
To explain my issue, I will use cmr12.mf as an example here.

I have a file test.mp that contains:

outputtemplate := "%j-%c.svg";
outputformat := "svg";
input cmr12.mf;

and I process test.mp with mpost&mfplain test.mp

As expected for each glyph a svg will be generated; however I get a
warning about bad RGBcolor. Furthermore the glyph will be in gray
color instead black. There is also a grid and some dots, and labels
(numbers) which I do not want. How this can be fixed?

I have attached letter G and the view I got from inkscape.

Thanks