[metapost] Asymptote

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 18:38:25 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Would that snide remark, assuming it was true for MetaPost 1.2
> or whatever it was when Asymptote split off four years ago, still
> be plausible for MetaPost 1.8?

AFAIK Asy was written from scratch and there was no code forking. MP
is written in (this highly unweildy language called) WEBC whereas Asy
is in C++.

And I don't see why you would call that a snide remark. I personally
shifted to Asy once I discovered it and have been able to write much
more complex programs in it than I would have been able to write in
the macro-based language that is MetaPost...

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा