[metapost] btex..etex debugging

Stefan Witzel s.witzel at uni-muenster.de
Thu Mar 14 09:05:35 CET 2013

Hi all,

I think it is not a metapost issue after all. I used the mps2eps
script and thought it was aware of the document style. But judging
from how simple it is it probably fills all boxes with just the
standard computer modern font. So I think the problem was that
metapost produced a box for some font and then it was filled using
another. When I include the file into an actual document it looks
right. Sorry, for the confusion and thanks for all the help!

Best wishes,
Stefan

2013/3/13 Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>:
> On 3/13/2013 6:43 AM, Stefan Witzel wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> ok, this is good to know, though bbox is such a suggestive name. But
>> maybe I should explain my problem. Actually no bounding box is
>> supposed to be there in the end. I just noticed that my labels are all
>> over the place when using this new document class and tried to figure
>> out why. As you can see in the attached image (with bbox and the
>> actual bounding box) something goes wrong in determining the
>> dimensions of the typeset text. But when I compile the debugging tex
>> file (I added a vrule to see the left boundary) I get the rather
>> reasonable looking pdf file attached.
>> I also attached the metapost source. The document class is available
>> at http://www.msp.warwick.ac.uk/agt/macros/gtpart.cls. I am grateful
>> for suggestions about what might cause this problem.
>

> I cannot repeat that example as I run no latex+pdftex/dvips/gs workflow
> here) but a luatex based one, but I can imagine that it's just the low res
> bounding box that is the cause:
>
> %%BoundingBox: 282 694 330 721
>
> best set the prologues variable to a higher number
>
> Hans

>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com

Dr. Stefan Witzel
Mathematisches Institut der Universität Münster
Einsteinstraße 62
48149 Münster
http://wwwmath.uni-muenster.de/u/stefan.witzel