[metapost] Finding line containg error in Metapost file

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:54:44 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:48 AM, Peter Zeman <andrej.kupecky at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask whether it is "algorithmically" possible to find
> the line with error in a metapost file just with the information given
> by "mpost". I mean, is the line with error uniquely determined by the
> output of "mpost"?

If you are not very particular about using MetaPost but just require
similar drawing functionality that can be integrated into LaTeX
documents, you can try Asymptote (http://asymptote.sourceforge.net/)
which has a much better C/C++-like syntax and hence syntax parsing /
error reporting capabilities. MP's macros are somewhat like
programming using the C pre-processor alone hence might be difficult
to debug.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा