[metapost] Equation solving in Metapost ??

xiolyxioly xiolyxioly at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 01:52:57 CET 2012

> Google around for articles on the Latin Modern family.

I'm familar with LM and the various other Type1 versions of CM.

> Why do you want to reinvent the wheel?

Several reasons:

(1) CM is too "thin", so it's not very well suited to low-resolution devices
like computer screens. The Cambria font is much better in this respect, but I like the CM design better. I'd just like to adjust the parameters and make it a bit "fatter".

(2) I'm generally interested in parametric design techniques, and CM is an
excellent example.

(3) I think the geometry problems are interesting -- converting brush strokes to outlines and resolving the overlaps.

(4) I think it would be fun to have a GUI that lets you play with the design parameters
and immediately see the changes in the letter shapes.

Makes sense ??