[metapost] C/C++ code to produce Bezier curves from Metafont source

xiolyxioly xiolyxioly at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 15:50:29 CEST 2012

Stupid question, probably …

I need some C code to generate Bezier curves from Metafont source code. Ideally, I'd like to have a C/C++ function with the following specifications:

Input: an array of text strings (the lines in the MetaFont program)
Output: an array of Bezier curves representing the centerlines of the "pen" strokes (plus some information about the pen used for each stroke).

So, internally, this code would parse the MetaFont source, solve little systems of linear equations, and calculate the control points of the Bezier curves.

Code like this must exist in both MetaFont and MetaPost, but I'm having trouble finding it.

I read mplibapi.tex and did some other hunting around, and I learned that I should probably be looking at mplib.c and mplib.h.
But I can’t find these at foundry.supelec.fr/gf/project/metapost

So, my questions are:
(1) Are mplib.c and mplib.h in fact the best starting points ?
(2) If they are, where can I find them ?
(3) If not, what are better options ?

Thanks