[metapost] First GUI application linking to MPLib?

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 00:51:42 CEST 2012

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Troy Henderson <thenders at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I execute ./guitest by itself, I get a MetaPost "prompt", namely
> This is MetaPost, Version 1.504
> **
> Is this expected?

Oh -- I guess I should classify this as a "known bug". Try
compiling/linking against the stable release 1.212 which is what I'm
working on. I didn't want to base my program on a "beta" thing which
could change. I myself had problems linking up to MPLib 1.504 so I
just let it go since a beta is expected to change.

Very sorry for all the trouble -- I guess it's obvious I'm a greenhorn
in this program development stuff -- silly of me to not mention the
library version to compile against (but I guess I'm thinking in terms
of Qt's API compatibility which MPLib is not guaranteeing right now).

--
Shriramana Sharma