[metapost] a problem of label when using metapost

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Mon Nov 21 20:20:54 CET 2011

At 10:54 PM 11/21/2011, you wrote:
>Hi,all
>
>   I've recently figure out something,
>   I sometimes include the package {amsmath} here
>as
>====================
>      verbatimtex
>      \documentclass{article}
>      \usepackage{amsmath}
>      \begin{document}
>      etex
>*some metapost here*
>
>verbatimtex
>\end{document}
>etex
>====================
>
>I find the latex alway give "failed to generate *mpx" file,
>---> tex --parse-first-line --interaction=nostopmode mp030238.tex
>and it gave an error indicate at after btex

Do you have the amsmath package?

Examine the files that remain if you run mpost with option
--debug. In cases where the tex label production fails, the
relevent files are mpxerr.tex and mpxerr.log. (At least they
are named that in my version of metapost: 1.506.) When the
label making succeeds, the files have some random names
beginning with "mpa".

By the way, modern metapost should invoke etex. That is, my errors
look like the following (but all on one line):
   makempx fatal: ./mth4.mp:
   Command failed:
   etex --parse-first-line --interaction=nonstopmode mpa00408.tex;
   see mpxerr.log

Regards,
Dan

Daniel H. Luecking