[metapost] problems with memory in metapost

Yogeshwarsing Calleecharan yogeshwarsing.calleecharan at ltu.se
Thu May 6 23:26:20 CEST 2010

Hi, I'm using gnuplot to plot a graph to mp and then I'm converting it
to eps via the command:

mpost --sprologues=3 -soutputtemplate=\"%j-%c.eps\" myfigu.mp

But I don't get the eps output; instead I get this message:

This is MetaPost, version 1.208 (kpathsea version 3.5.7dev) (mem=mpost
2009.12.12)  6 MAY 2010 23:16
**myfigu.mp
(./myfigu.mp
! MetaPost capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=3000000].
_wc->withpen
             .currentpen.withcolor.currentcolor
gpdraw->...ptpath[(EXPR0)]_sms((EXPR1),(EXPR2))_wc

.else:_ac.contour.ptpath[(...
l.48052 gpdraw(0,517.1a,166.4b)
                                ;
If you really absolutely need more capacity,
you can ask a wizard to enlarge me.

How do I tweak in order to get more memory. The file from which I'm
plotting has two columns of 189,200 values each. These values are of
type long double (output from a C program). The text file containing
these two column values is about 6 MB.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best Regards,
Y.calleecharan