[metapost] Problems with labels

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:53:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 23:28, Miguel wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to put  labels in a graphics, but It is impossible to do
> it. I was looking in the list of the metapost, and I found a possible
> solution. I have to use the version 1.00 . Well the version of my
> metapost is 0.641 and I have been trying to get a new version but until
> today this tasks has been impossible to finish. If somebody can give
> tips about the installation of this metapost's version in my fedora 8 I
> will appreciate it

I would suggest you to install minimal (or some reasonably small) TeX
Live scheme

    http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html
    http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008/install-tl-unx.tar.gz

That's probably the easiest way and won't interfere with your current
TeX installation. You could replace the old binary with a new one (as
Taco wrote), but I also suspect that the problem lies somewhere else.
It's impossible to guess what unless you provide more details.

Mojca