[metapost] ! MetaPost capacity exceeded

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Mon Feb 9 18:05:17 CET 2009

At 05:37 PM 2/7/2009, you wrote:
>     > If you want your change to affect only metapost, add or change
>     > main_memory.mpost only
>
>I'm curious what kind of graph you are generating that the current
>main_memory is insufficient for!  My knee-jerk reaction to such reports
>is always to just increase the defaults, since if you're running into
>it, probably others are too.  It's not just an infinite recursion or
>some such?
>
>     texlive ...and therefore I am uncertain what the 'best' command is.
>
>Er, well, it all depends on what one wants to do :).  It's already done,
>but for the record ...
>
>As you already mentioned, fmtutil generates stuff per-user; fmtutils-sys
>generates it for the "system" install.  In this case, I gather there was
>no permission to write in the system dirs.

In windows as of TeX Live 2007, fmtutil-sys didn't exist. So it
is not a matter of permissions. Personally, I preferred the simple
one-tree organization of TeX Live 2007 on WinXP and have
shoe-horned my TeX Live 2008 into that setup (* and *-sys write
to the same places).

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
"Dubito ergo cogito, cogito ergo sum" --Descartes