[metapost] Recent bug report

Giuseppe Bilotta gip.bilotta at iol.it
Mon Sep 1 23:20:00 CEST 2008

Monday, September 1, 2008 Boguslaw Jackowski wrote:

> Hi,

> Dan Luecking:
>> I did not report that grid.mp fails; I reported that the
>> "bug occurs". Naturally I used a test file trimmed down to
>> only one relevant command:
>> % test.mp
>> beginfig(0);
>>    drawarrow (0,0)--(50,50)
>>      if 2=2: withcolor red elseif 3=2: withcolor blue fi;
>> endfig;
>> end
>> % end of test.mp
>>
>> All 4 versions mentioned above (on windows XP, if that matters)
>> produced the error message: "! Extra elseif".

> I could not believe that it is an MP bug... Just in case I tested
> the archaic version 0.641 -- with the same result. Ufff... ;-)

Ouch. I was pretty sure it used to work with some earlier
version. Oh well, looks like I was wrong. I was probably
trying to optimize the code which was written in a different
way, and then forgot to test it until recently ...

Sorry for the noise and thanks again for the suggestions 8-)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta