[metapost] Open/True Type Fonts

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 17 20:49:55 CEST 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Troy Henderson wrote:
>> % the most primitive way to use fonts - you can use the high-level
>> interface of course
>> \font\a="Adobe Garamond Pro"\a
>> % enable colors
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>> % bugfix to get withcolor working on text
>> \chardef\TeXtextcolormode\zerocount
>>
>> \starttext
>> \startMPpage
>> draw fillcircle scaled 3cm;
>> draw \sometxt{This is some \TeX{}t with Garamond.} xscaled 1.3 rotated
>> 30 withcolor blue;
>> \stopMPpage
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Try to compile it with
>>    texexec --xtx filename.tex
>
> This fails with the following error:
>
> ===
> kpathsea: Illegal fontname `Adobe Garamond Pro': contains ' '
> ! Font \a="Adobe Garamond Pro" not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
> <to be read again>
>                   \a
> l.1 \font\a="Adobe Garamond Pro"\a
> ===
>
> It acts like it's wanting a TFM as Taco suggested, but I don't have
> one of those.  I only have a TTF of Adobe Garamond Pro.

Can you send me the whole log? It works without any problem here. I
guess that you're using the TeX Live version of ConTeXt and XeTeX, but
I don't remember any radical changes in \sometxt recently. As far as I
remember I was testing Zapfino within metapost graphics more one year
ago and it worked at that time as well.

Mojca