[metapost] "bugs" in the MetaPost reference manual 1.000

Лидовский Владимир lidw at rambler.ru
Mon Mar 17 07:32:02 CET 2008

Hello!

I've just translated A User's Manual for MetaPost into Russian. I am
ready to
send it (1MB pdf, 580KB src) to any address if it would be useful.

I've also found several (exactly 17) misspellings in version 1.000 of
the original
manual. I've attached log produced by `diff' with "bugs" descriptions
and locations.

Regards,
Vladimir Lidovski

P.S. `diff' output with comments
#for version 1.000 of the manual.

787c787
< $$ \hbox{\verb|draw z0..z1..tension 1.5 and 1..z2..z3|} $$
---
> $$ \hbox{\verb|draw z0..z1..tension 1.6 and 1..z2..z3|} $$
#see manfig.mp, figure 310

1080c1080
< is normally not a serious problem, but it is likely to cause trouble
if you are
---
> is normally not a serious problem. but it is likely to cause trouble
if you are
#dot -> comma

1124c1124
< {\tt
warningcheck}\index{warningcheck?\texttt{warningcheck}}\label{Dwarncheck}
to zero
---
> {\tt warningcheck}\index{warningcheck}\label{Dwarncheck} to zero
#internal variable without tt-style

1386c1386
< secondary}.  Applying a \tdescr{unary op} such as {\tt
---
> secondary}.  Applying a \tdescr{primary binop} such as {\tt
#sqrt is not binary op --- it is unary op

1394c1394
< as a \tdescr{unary nop}.  For instance {\tt
---
> as a \tdescr{primary binop}.  For instance {\tt
#see previous note

1473c1473
< MetaPost allows compound variable names such as {z.a}, {\tt x2r}, {\tt
y2r},
---
> MetaPost allows compound variable names such as {x.a}, {\tt x2r}, {\tt
y2r},
#see futher text about pair z.a

1604,1605c1604,1605
< Declarations work the same way for any of the other nine types:
< numeric, path, transform, color, cmykcolor, string, boolean, picture,
and pen.  The
---
> Declarations work the same way for any of the other eight types:
> numeric, path, transform, color, string, boolean, picture, and pen.
The
#cmykcolor (tenth type) is forgotten here

2069c2069
< center}\index{center?\texttt{center}}\label{Dcenter} that take a
\tdescr{picture
---
> center}\index{center}\label{Dcenter} that take a \tdescr{picture
#off tt-style

2110c2110
< makes the \tdescr{picture variable} behave as if its bounding box was
---
> makes the \tdescr{picture variable} behave as if its bounding box were
#plural?

2630c2630
< does. Then scaling $x$~coordinates by $-1$, rotating $90^\circ$, and
---
> does. Then scaling $x$~coordinates by $-1$, rotating $45^\circ$, and
#see two the same amount of degrees above

3694c3694
< middlepoint} like this:
---
> midpoint} like this:

3696c3696
< def middlepoint(expr a) = if path a: (point .5*length a of
---
> def midpoint(expr a) = if path a: (point .5*length a of

3767c3767
< arctime}\index{arctime of?\texttt{arctime of}} operator to
compute~{\tt t}
---
> arctime}\index{arctime} operator to compute~{\tt t}
#off tt-style

4263c4263
< ${\tt i}\ge {\tt c}$ if ${\tt b}<0$.
---
> ${\tt i}\ge {\tt c}$ if ${\tt i}<0$.
#test!

4588c4588
< The {\tt circleit} macro defines pair variables just as {\tt boxit}
does, except
---
> The {\tt circleit} macro defines pair variable just as {\tt boxit}
does, except
#plural

4774c4774
< uses of {\tt verbatimtex}\index{verbatimtex?\texttt{verbatimtex}} (p.\
\pageref{Dverbatimtex}).
---
> uses of \ttindex{verbatimtex} (p.\ \pageref{Dverbatimtex}).
#causes makeindex to produce two identical index entry

5487c5487
<         Text positioned as if to label a point\\\hline
---
>         text positioned as if to label a point\\\hline
#capital letter