[metapost] drawing a beta-distribution?

Martin Kaffanke technik at roomandspace.com
Fri Jan 11 10:09:45 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag, den 10.01.2008, 17:32 -0600 schrieb Troy Henderson:
> I am running Octave 3.0.0, and it doesn't like referencing argv
> directly.  Therefore, I have attached a "repaired" prob.m which fixes
> the problem on my end.

Hi there, I have troubles, I've never used octave before, so I installed
2.9 on my ubuntu.

Andreass Version gives me:

$ ./prob.m .2 .3
error: built-in function cannot be indexed with {
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 13, column 3
error: near line 13 of file `./beta.m'

And your version Troy:

$ ./prob.m 2 3
error: can't redefine read-only function `prob'
error: near line 10 of file
`/home/martin/work/Uni/Diplomarbeit/Dokument/beta.m'
error: evaluating binary operator `/' near line 9, column 8
error: evaluating binary operator `*' near line 9, column 19
error: evaluating binary operator `*' near line 9, column 30
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 9, column 5
error: called from `prob'
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 19, column 5
error: evaluating for command near line 18, column 1
error: near line 23 of file `./prob.m'

Hum.  What next?

Thanks,
Martin