[metapost] Different colours in a label

Pétiard François petiard.francois at free.fr
Mon Nov 12 09:40:20 CET 2007

Stephan Hennig a écrit :
> Taco Hoekwater schrieb:
>> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>> Well, the banner on my distribution says "% Written by DVItoMP,
>>> Version 0.992/color (Web2C 7.5.6)", while the banner on MikTeX says
>>> "Written by DVItoMP, Version 1.000 (MiKTeX 2.6)". Perhaps a question
>>> should be sent to Christian Schenk, asking about why there is no
>>> "/color" in MikTeX's dvitomp :)
>> He probably missed the appearance of color support in dvitomp
>> because it is implemented in the web2c change file (dvitomp.ch)
>> instead of in the main pascal web file.
>
> One could try to vote for this request, submitted on 2004-08-23:
> <URL:https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=360783&aid=1014814&group_id=10783>

OK but how to vote for this request ?

> For the time being, the LaTeXMP package has some additional colour
> support that might work for the OP.

Thank you for the tip but I've still a problem;

%%%%%% file test.mp
prologues:=3;
filenametemplate "%j.mps";
input latexmp ;
setupLaTeXMP(class="article",fontencoding="T1",language="francais",packages="amsmath,amssymb,lmodern",
textextlabel=enable,multicolor=enable);
beginfig(1);
label("$\color{blue}\sqrt{2}$",(0,0));
label(btex $\sqrt{2}$ etex,(100,100));
endfig;
end;
%%%%% end of file test.mp

after compilation, the file test.mps is not correct: see the symbol
"square root" in blue...

:-(

F. Pétiard