[metapost] shading text

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Tue May 8 14:46:42 CEST 2007

[CC'ed back to the metapost list, since this is not only related to
ConTeXt.]

Peter Rolf schrieb:
> Stephan Hennig wrote:
>>
>> [makempy/pstoedit/Ghostscript hang]
>>
>> That is, it seems as if pstoedit calls Ghostscript and that hangs.
>> I've updated to v8.56, recently, and didn't observe any problems
>> with pstoedit and MetaPost with older versions of Ghostscript (in
>> other applications).  What version of Ghostscript are you running?
>>
> also ghostscript 8.56

Could someone with an older version of Ghostscript please check if
pstoedit/Ghostscript hang with the attached example?  That would make it
easier for me deciding where to send the bug report to.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

input metafun
beginfig(1);
  graphictext "Outlined  text!" scaled 8
  withfillcolor .7blue;
endfig;
end

Name the file outline.mp and process with

>mpost outline
>perl makempy.pl outline

or what's a proper method to run a Perl script on your OS.  (With MiKTeX
you can just say "makempy outline".)