[metapost] shading text

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Wed May 2 18:18:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

my attempt to shade a piece of text with MetaFun fails (see below).  Is
this a restriction of MetFun/MetaPost or of the PDF format?

While there is an explicit example for transparent text in metafun-p.pdf
on p. 185 I didn't find one for shaded text.  Is shading text possible?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

input metafun
beginfig(1);
  sh_sqr := define_linear_shade(origin, (100bp,0), white, blue);
  sh_txt := define_linear_shade(origin, (100bp,0), white, red);
  fill unitsquare scaled 100bp withshade sh_sqr;
  label("Not shaded!", (50,50)) withshade sh_txt;
endfig;
end

Compile with

mpost shad