[metapost] problem with file database in mp.992

Dan Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Thu Jan 11 20:34:58 CET 2007

At 05:14 AM 1/11/2007, you wrote:
>I have a macro file osy.mp in tex-local/metapost directory, but mp
>cannot find it,
>even if ln ls-R file in my texmf-local directory is written
>
>./metapost:
>OSY.MP
>
>What could be wrong?

What is your operating system? Is letter case significant (that is,
is OSY.MP the same file as osy.mp)?

Did you type the above lines into ls-R yourself? That may not work.
Typically you have to run a program named texhash or makelsr or
something that updates ls-R.

What is your TeX system? Some do not use ls-R but some other
database format.

Is texmf-local recognized as a texmf directory? How to check that
depends on your TeX system.

Daniel H. Luecking
Department of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
"Mathematician's endless fortune to be around English monarch (8)"