[metapost] MetaPost - terminally ill or just playing dead? Also New Version

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 09:08:34 CET 2006

On 23/03/2006, at 5:41 , Michail Vidiassov wrote:
> For example - where are people migrating from metapost?

As a very new beginner to MetaPost, still evaluating my options to an
extent, I'd be interested in further comments along these lines...

As far as decent labelling, cross platform/application (i.e., no
PSTricks) programmatic diagramming, good integration with TeX, etc.,
goes, it's a bit of a toss up for me at the moment between MetaPost
and PGF/TikZ. I prefer the idea of a separate program (MetaPost), but
the extensibility of the PGF platform (e.g., SVG output) is appealing
as well.

Regards,

Will