[metapost] Including an image into a metapost figure

j.romildo at gmail.com j.romildo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 00:09:44 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 04:32:17PM +0100, nicola wrote:
> In article <20061220232830.GA9595 at malaquias.gwiceb1>,
>  j.romildo at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I need to draw a figure in metapost and this figure will be constructed
> > with images in an extern format (png). How can I "draw" an extern image
> > on my metpost figure?
>
> I did this with MetaFun's externalfigure, e.g.:
>
> u := 5mm;
> beginfig(0);
>  externalfigure "picture.png" scaled 15u shifted origin;
> endfig;
>
> You have to compile this with mptopdf, not with mpost.

MetaFun is based on Context, right? Unfortunatly I have no experience
with it.

I was able to include the figures using the above as an example. But I
do not know how to get my labels with correctly accented letters (like
á, ã) and cedilla (ç). If it was latex, that this would be no
problem. How can I get those gliphs in MetaFun?

Regards,

Romildo