[metapost] beginners question (was: CTAN Update: textpath v1.5)

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Sat Dec 9 00:08:40 CET 2006

Steve MC Han schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>   I am a beginner of Metapost. How can I compile Metapost?
>
>   Thanks,

Compiling a MetaPost executable shouldn't be necessary.  A pre-compiled
binary should be part of your favorite TeX distribution.

Compiling an .mp file mysource.mp is done using

  mpost mysource

or

  mpost -tex=latex mysource

depending on the TeX flavor your want to use for typesetting labels.

More information can be found in the MetaPost manual mpman.pdf, which
should be part of your distribution.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig

PS:  Please send future questions directly to the MetaPost list and
start a new thread each time.  The reply-to button adds a `References'
header to your mail referring to the old thread, which makes sorting
mails difficult for your audience.