[metapost] How to make winedt recognise metapost

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Aug 4 09:19:22 CEST 2006

Michael Maschler wrote:

> HI,
>
>  I installed WinEdt5 containing Miktex 2.4 in a computer. Almost
> everything went well, except that:
>
> When I pressed mp foo.mp it created an empty foo.1, so
> I could not
>  proceed in getting the figure.
>
>   The log report said: Emergency stop
>   Endfig -> scantokens.extra_endfig: shipit:
>                                                              endgroup

This is the line below the actual error, so please check what it
says immediately above this line.

>   I am not used to the options provided by WinEdt team and I could not see
>  from the Wizard how to proceed.

Does it work if you run metapost from a command line?

> I do not know why that worked, but  it did.  Can you advise  and tell
> me  the name of the metapost file in which "assign"  to GS  is  stated?

This current problem is definately not related to GS, but that
is where my help has to end (I do not have windows, so winedt
problems are well outside of my expertise).

Good luck,

Taco