[metapost] MP vs. Asymptote

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 22 18:13:24 CEST 2006

    I am extremely interested in what you feel the improvements are
    in Asymptote compared to MP, because it would give some clues
    to the direction MP development should take.

BTW, not relevant to your question, but I've been asking Dr. Bowman to
write an article on Asymptote for TUGboat, simply to have more
information available about it.

Also, I thought I'd mention that Andrew Hwang did write an article on
ePiX, another graphics generation program:
http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb25-2/tb81hwang.pdf

    the equation solving capabilities of MetaPost

Yes, that's an amazing feature.

I suspect each of these different approaches is simply more natural for
a different group of people.  Live and let live :).

Best,
Karl