[metapost] MP vs. Asymptote

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sat Apr 22 16:03:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Mau wrote:
>I don't want to start a flame, but since someone posted a message some
>time ago mentioning Asymptote I got curious and I have to say that I was
>very impressed, even if I still have some problems with it. However, it
>seems a net improvement over MP, or not?

I am extremely interested in what you feel the improvements are
in Asymptote compared to MP, because it would give some clues
to the direction MP development should take.

I've been browsing a bit and I now know it has more of a C++ style
of doing things, but personally I don't see that as a big advantage.
Just like Laurence, I simply like the MF/MP 'feel'.

But more importantly, most of my illustrations depend heavily on
the equation solving capabilities of MetaPost. I got the impression
Asymptote cannot do that (but I may have missed something).

Cheers, Taco