[metapost] latexmp and german Umlaute

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Sep 21 19:18:43 CEST 2004

Hi,

Matthias Pospiech <matthias.pospiech at gmx.de> wrote:
 > with \inputenc and \fontenc  this should not be a problem.
> However all the umlaute disapperar in the output :-(
>
> Any idea what the reason is ?
> Matthias

I tried but couldn't get latexmp to work (I always use ConTeXt
so it might be a problem in my LaTeX installation, I have not
updated that in ages). Doesn't it keep LaTeX's log file available?

FWIW: my installation handled the 8-bit chars correctly using
only 'plain' metapost, like so:

---
verbatimtex \font\f=ptmr8t \f etex;
beginfig(1);
label(btex I use german umlaute like äöü etc. etex, origin);
endfig;
end
---

Perhaps checking if this works for you can help pinpoint the
problem.

> PS:
> How many members has this new mailinglist now ?

about 50.

Greetings, Taco