[OS X TeX] TeX Hour: Thu 7 Apr: 6:30pm UK time: Accessible tables, AOB, ICM 2022, TeXLive 2022 media

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:38:01 CEST 2022

Hi

Here's a suggested agenda for tomorrow's TeX Hour. Your ideas are very
welcome, and will be prioritized (see item 2).

1. Accessible HTML table via Lwarp (and tex4ht), a problem reported by
Jason White.
https://github.com/jfine2358/scratch/tree/y2022p007

2. Any Other Business. The floor is open, the microphone is yours. No
reasonable offer refused.

3. The organisers are "working hard to develop the digital infrastructure"
for the VIRTUAL International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM), which was
to be held in Russia. Perhaps we can learn from and help with this.
https://www.mathunion.org/icm/virtual-icm-2022

4. Comparing iso, tgz and git as distribution media for TeXLive 2022. This
is based on some experiments I've been doing. It seems that git is best, on
the limited evidence created.
https://github.com/jfine2358/scratch/tree/y2022p008

TeX Hour: Thursday 7 April, 6:30 to 7:30pm UK time.
Zoom URL:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/78551255396?pwd=cHdJN0pTTXRlRCtSd1lCTHpuWmNIUT09
Note: Both the UK and USA are on Summer Time. UK Time Now:
https://time.is/UK.

Last week: Christopher Alexander, and what we like about TeX.
https://youtu.be/3ZbYIABDqcY

Still here! Would you like to improve the TeX Hour? Suggest a topic or
special guest. Offer help with video editing. Contact people. Set up a
mailing list. Create some web pages. Lots to do.

wishing you happy TeXing

Jonathan