[OS X TeX] TeX and DVI in beamer problem

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:37:43 CET 2021

Hi Ettore,

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 3:33 PM Ettore Aldrovandi <ealdrov at math.fsu.edu>
wrote:

(1) to get it typeset via XeLaTeX, I have to select:

> Aquamacs > Command > TeXing Options > Use XeTeX engine
> Aquamacs > Command > TeXing Options > Generate PDF
> Aquamacs > Command > TeXing Options > PDF from DVI > Compile directly to
> PDF
>
> What are the commented lines of code to add to the end of the tex file,
> for Aquamacs to run the above commands automatically?
>

> these are AUCTeX settings configured via local variables, as in, for
> example
>
> %%% Local Variables:
> %%% coding: utf-8
> %%% mode: latex
> %%% TeX-engine: xetex
> %%% TeX-master: t
> %%% End:

Yes, these work. It should have occurred to me to search in AUCTeX, but I
wouldn't know in which pages. I've just skipped the line for the utf-8. I
think I have it already in Aquamacs, probably preset.

The warning is still issued:
%%%% WARNING: Transparency operations ignored - need to use
-dALLOWPSTRANSPARENCY

For the ones that interest you, may be perusing the AUCTeX docs, for
> instance
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Processor-Options.html
>
> might help.

I 'll leave these to Win for the next update of Aquamacs, hopefully soon.

All the best,

--
Best Regards,
Roussanka