[OS X TeX] including a graphics file

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 20 14:24:25 CEST 2021

> On Jun 20, 2021, at 4:54 AM, Luis Fernando Sequeira <lfsequeira at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In addition to the several pertinent observations and recommendations: try using xelatex.
> It works fine with pstricks, with pdf files (and also I believe eps), and more. It is a 21st century tex engine.

Howdy,

There are limits on the pstricks.

Recent pdflatex versions will auto-convert eps->pdf (file.eps->file-eps-converted-to.pdf) and use the converted pdf. It also only re-does the conversion if file.eps changes.

> Another modern alternative is lualatex.
>
> The traditional latex and pdflatex engines also lack support for things like Unicode, too.
> May not make a difference to those only using English, but there is a whole world out there.
>

> Regards
>
> Luís Sequeira

There is (very) limited support of Unicode (UTF-8) in recent latex versions that works very nicely for Western European languages. That's turned on by default.

herbs at wideopenwest.com