[OS X TeX] install spell checking dictionary for Bulgarian

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 04:05:18 CEST 2021

Hi Herb,

On Sat, Jun 5, 2021 at 10:17 PM Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> When macOS Sierra came out I was worried that cocoAspell would stop
> working in the near future (I'm still surprised it works under Bug Sur). I
> put together a file that sort-of duplicates some of the setup for
> cocoAspell and asked Micheal Sharpe to create an Applescript Macro (Micheal
> is amazing with Applescript and Fonts---e.g. he's behind newtx and newpx
> fonts) to work the magic to Save and Close the .tex file, execute aspell in
> Terminal and re-open the file in TeXShop when completed. Not as convenient
> as going through Apple's Spell Check like cocoAspell does but it works
> pretty well.

I've downloaded cocoAspell from the github
https://github.com/leuski/cocoAspell

But then, I can't  make it work. I'm not sure if it comes with the
installation already pre-set. here is what I did:

(1) downloaded the full set of the files
cocoAspell-master

cocoAspell-master $ ls

LICENSE

README.md

aspell

cocoAspell-2.x

(2) cd /Library/Application Support/
sudo mkdir cocoAspell
cd cocoAspell

sudo mv ~/Downloads/cocoAspell-master .

$ cd cocoAspell-master

cd cocoAspell-2.x

(3)
make install

make: Nothing to be done for `install'.

Is it a pre-installed directory?

(4) I downloaded  aspell6-en-2020.12.07-0
from:
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/aspell/dict/0index.html
and installed it by the instructions in:

aspell6-en-2020.12.07-0/README

/Library/Application Support/cocoAspell $ ls

aspell6-en-2020.12.07-0

cocoAspell-master

I do not know what are the files .rws
They seem byproducts without further role, and I cleaned them by:
make clean

(5) System Preferences doesn't show
cocoAspell preference pane
So, I haven't actually done the installion?

I'll continue during the day, hoping for help with
- the cocoAspell installation
- the cocoAspell preference pane
- Where should I move the directory:

Sierra & cocoAspell