[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility 1.49 fails to update old TeXLive 2019 and leaves it unusable.

George Tourlakis gt at cse.yorku.ca
Sun Jul 11 01:23:49 CEST 2021

TeX Live 2019 worked [before the update attempt(s) (on Big Sur)] and also worked
on the Big Sur machine when I copied there the 2019-tree that I updated  to the “final version” on a Mojave Apple. So I do have the final distribution TeX Live 2019 working on Big Sur.

Now TLMGR, can be safely concluded that it, does not work on Big Sur save for its switching (from distr. tree to distr. tree) function. This function so far works for me.

Cheers,
George