[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.66 adds /Library/TeX/texbin parameter to every engine?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jul 7 17:36:03 CEST 2021

> On Jul 7, 2021, at 10:12 AM, Luis Fernando Sequeira <lfsequeira at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> A few tests seem to show that TeXShop 4.66 passes /Library/TeX/texbin as an extra argument to each typesetting engine automatically.
>

> I noticed it because at some point pythontex was choking on it.
>
> By adding an echo command to the engine, I could compare 4.64 and 4.66.
> Where the engine argument in 4.64 was, say, Untitled.tex, in 4.66 it receives Untitled.tex /Library/TeX/texbin
>
> I don't know if this is intentional, it does seem strange.
>
> Regards

See the Changes document as noted by Dick Koch.

How are you typesetting using pythontex? The pythontex engine only uses the first argument. What kind of error are you getting?

It is possible to use a latexmk engine along with a platexmkrc file to do that too. The one I use, along with the pdflatexmk engine, is enclose. NOTE: it must personalized for your version of python. There is a `${HOME}/opt/anaconda3/bin/python' in the setting of $pythontex which points to my version of python3 in ~/opt/anaconda3/bin/python. This has to be personalized for the python location you are using.

In any case neither of the two engines uses $3 so can't get confused by it. The `space' character passed as $2 means that if your engine, like the pdflatexmk engine, uses it, should be setup so that it does no harm.

herbs at wideopenwest.com