[OS X TeX] Does TeX Live Utility 1.49 not work on Big Sur?

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Sun Jul 4 19:26:19 CEST 2021

George,

Your problem is LocalTeX, which I wrote, and which I now regret. TLU works fine on all systems I have, certainly including Big Sur.

Push "Configure for Original Pane" in the LocalTeX pane to return to using the standard methods so TLU will work again.

Or you can do this by hand. TeXShop and other apps by default look for TeX in /Library/TeX/texbin. Local TeX reconfigures them to look in /Library/TeX/LocalTeX/texbin instead.

Actually Local TeX will work if you read the instructions carefully. But it is so easy to forget and lose those instructions.

Richard Koch