[OS X TeX] [OFF] perl in Big Sur

David Craig dac at panix.com
Sun Jul 4 10:54:17 CEST 2021

Off-topic request for assistance, so please reply to me directly off-list.

Once upon a time there was a wonderful little app (actually, a perl script in a wrapper created by Platypus) for macOS called m3u2mp3 that downloaded mp3’s from archive.org when fed an m3u file.

With recent changes to macOS the script no longer works.  My perl and my knowledge of macOS scripting is rusty enough that I can’t quite get it working again.  (The entire script is visible in Contents > Resources of the Platypus-generated app.)  It seems to have something to do with the version of perl available.

Are there good alternatives available, or alternatively, is anyone here game to try to identify what’s wrong and try to make a working version?   I may be wrong, but as far as I can tell this should be an easy task for someone with current skills.

David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>