[OS X TeX] \jobname works in 2013 but not in 2020

John Collins jcc8 at psu.edu
Sat Sep 19 01:30:17 CEST 2020

On 9/18/20 3:30 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Thanks for the information. I've changed that to using the scrlayer-scrpage package and can get past that problem now.
>
> However, now I run into another error about writing files:
>
> pdflatex: Not writing to ../Text-contents/1.aux (openout_any = p).
>
> So it appears that there is need for a configuration change of TeX Live to permit that operation.

Small comment: There's no need to load Justin's preamble package.  Comment out
the \usepackage line in the document files, and exactly the same error occurs.
So the MWE isn't really an MWE.

In any case, Herb's diagnosis is correct.  If you change each \include to
\input, compilation goes through without problems.

John Collins