[OS X TeX] \jobname works in 2013 but not in 2020

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Sep 18 20:55:48 CEST 2020

> On Sep 18, 2020, at 12:45 PM, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at freemathtexts.org> wrote:
>
> So, I gave up and now have a new old Mac running TeX Live 2020 under HighSierra alongside the old old Mac running TeX Live 2013 under Snow Leopard.
>
> (Schultz, if you so much as smile, I will drink that case of beer you have yet to pick up which will make me sick as I rather drink wine and that will be on your head.)

Howdy,

First, it's nice to hear from you. You've been very quiet recently.

You never asked but I like wine better than beer too! :-)

> I have attached a MWE that works fine with TeX Live 2013 under Snow Leopard but not with TeX Live 2020 under High Sierra.
>
> <MWE.zip>
>
> I really don’t want to change my file setup so I think I really need \jobname.
>
> Best to all,
> —schremmer

I immediately run into a problem that the scrpage2 package cannot be found. This is the line in Preamble.sty

\usepackage[nouppercase]{scrpage2}

where it is loaded. In fact that package is not part of TeX Live 2020. Please check where it's located in TeX Live 2013 (suppressing a smile, just in case you change that to a case of wine) by running `kpsewhich scrpage2.sty` in Terminal and letting me know what it returns. I also went to CTAN and searched for that package with no result.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)